Monday, January 18, 2010

Crazy Week

This last week ended up being a crazy week, so I'm already slacking on my cooking/baking duties. I'm sorry I'm a little elate on this post. There has been a lot going on this week at work, so I wasn't home much. I did get three of five recipe made, so this next week I'll have to get seven done.
So I made Orange Julius for me and my roommie, but forgot about pics until after we had drank them. We all know what they look like though. I've probably made one for most of you at some point, so if not, let me know and I will make you some.
The other two recipes I made were cookies... my office loves me. I don't want them at my house so I've been taking my baking to work. Anyway, I made Jaime's pudding chocolate chip cookies. They are really pretty easy and really good. The recipe says you can use any flavor pudding, but I stuck w chocolate since I didn't know what to expect. Now I want to try a bunch of different pudding flavors to see how they taste. It's kind of cool to make these cookies, because the dough is super soft. It's not sticky soft, just soft. I don't know how to explain it but it's cool. It also makes a lot of cookies. I tried to take a side shot of the tupperware to show how many and that's after we had eaten quite a few and I had shared quite a few.
The second cookie I made was Heather's cinnamon swirl cookies. They are also really good. They taste like they look...a cinnamon roll that's a cookie. They took a little more effort than the pudding cookies(you have to roll each cookie after dipping one side in cinnamon). They totally worth it though! I actually like them a little better without the glaze, but Elise likes the glaze.
So, those are the recipes this week. I'll get started on my seven for this coming week asap. I also am trying to find the perfect occasion for "African". Those of you who have the cookbook know that it is a special recipe and should be treated as such. So if any of you have ideas for the occasion where African is served leave me a comment.

...and finally, those of you who haven't read my other blog or Leslie's blog, please check out Leslie's blog http://mosslifeisgood.blogspot.com/. She and her sisters are putting together hygiene kits to help those affected by the earthquake in Haiti. They could really use your help. You can donate time, money, or items. Please check out her blog. Thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment